Pumpkin puree is not difficult to make at home. This is how I do it:
1. Pick medium-sized pumpkins and cut them into quarters.
2. Then scoop out the seeds and pulp.
3. Place them face down on a baking sheet filled with some water and roast at 375° F until tender when poked with a fork, about 45 minutes.
4. Allow to cool and scrape the flesh from the skin.
5. Process in a food processor until smooth.
It does take some time so when I do it I make a big batch and divide the pumpkin puree into manageable portions to store in the refrigerator or freezer until needed.
Use it! Here are recipes that use pumpkin puree:
Sweet Rice Dumpling with Pumpkin (Tang Yuan)
No-Bake Pumpkin Pie (Vegan, Gluten-Free)